“You are not in competition
with anybody except yourself
plan to outdo your past
not other people”
Jaachynma N.E. Agu
Be Fit, Be Natural, Be Bliss and Live My Dreams!
My goal is “BE” by example! Align my words with my actions, and express the powerful strength of living gratitude in this now!
I’ve been educating (myself) since I can remember, providing common sense wisdom with years of scientific study and visionary solution based trends to family and friends. Information, Natural Living, Fitness, Spirituality, and All things Creative is what I love! Sharing empowers, as it is said by Indigenous nations, “I am Because We Are.”
NaturalSelfGoddess by Ria Sweetraw ~ is a solutionary-based ideas created to empower, educate, inspire and motivate readers and clients to make healthy lifestyle choices and improve fitness, wellness of mind, body and soul.
// All things Organic. Natural Health. Fitness. Inspiration. Empowering.Love.♥\\
The Fit+Organic+Natural+Loving Lifestyle
For over 20+years, I’ve been into the “Natural,” “Organic,” “Loving” lifestyle. Choosing organic foods in high school in Georgetown, Washington DC and boycotting my greasy burgers in college in Virginia for fresh veggies and salads to making my twins green drinks and fresh baby food before they could walk in New York City! Way before “Vegan” was en vogue and living a “Green” lifestyle was a million dollar industry. I chose what I felt was “right” for me and taught those values and principals to my children, friends and family.
To this day, I honor “Natural, Organic” living and have incorporated fitness as part of my humble spiritual experience as I evolve and expand. I truly believe with fortitude, some meditation, lots of laughter and support we can create the lifestyle we truly want to live! If I can help, share, insight, bring understanding and transformation to others along the way I’m doing my job and living my purpose for being here on this planet we call home.
The Evolution of Daria aka Ria
I’ve studied with nationally recognized and acclaimed healers, artists, authors and fitness gurus throughout the years. Here is a snapshot of my courses and trainings:
- Queen Afua Sacred Woman Initiation Training DC (2000)
- Michael Tierra (East West Planetary Herbalism)
- Washington Institute of Natural Medicine (Aromatherapy Certification, 2002)
- Focus on Healing, DC (Certified Reflexologist, 2002)
- Wainwright Global Institute of Professional Life Coaching (Life Coach Certification)
- David Wolfe and BodyMindNutrition (Raw Food Nutrition Certification)
- Dumbek (Alexadria, Egypt Drum) class, New York City, 2009, Raquy
- Natural Time course, 2010 (Wanique Shabazz)
- Dr. Jewel Pookrum, MD, PhD, MFS (Network Wellness Course, 2010)
- African Griot Senegalese Djembe Drum, U Street, Washington, DC, 2010, Baba Medoune Yacine “Dame” Gueye , formerly Music Director of Kankouran West African Dance Company, Washington, DC)
- David Wolfe and Nick Good (2011, Superhero Training)
- Kundalini Hatha Yoga, 2003-2004 (Late Dr. Swami Prem Deben (Sivananda Yoga, student of Vishnudevananda)
- Kemetic Yoga course (*not to be confused with the Teacher Certification Training Course), 2011 (Yirser Ra Hotep, Master Instructor, YogaSkills)
- Tranquil Space, DC (Vinyasa Yoga Level 1 Teacher Training, 2011)
- Alissa Cohen (Raw Food Certification) 2012
- Zumba Level 1 Certification, (2012)
- 1st Aid/CPR/AED Certification (Red Cross, 2012, RECERT – 2015-2017), (2017-2019)
- Personal Trainer/Group Fitness, Hatha Yoga Certifications (Fitour, 2014, 2015 through 2016/2017)
- African Dance Concert, Augusta, Georgia, Abatsu African Dance and Drummers, 2014
Current Classes, Courses, and Certifications (2018)
- AFAA Group Fitness Certification – Candidate (2018)
- Reiki Level 1, 2, Master Level Teacher & Practitioner Certification (August 2018)
- REBT Mindset Life Coach – Candidate 2018
- Herbalism & Medicine Making – Herbalism Wild Harvesting – Candidate 2018
- Diploma in Nutrition (July 2018) – Internationally Accredited Diploma Certification
- Nutrition Masterclass Diet and Meal Plan – August 2018
- Vegan Nutrition – Plant-based Diet Meal Plan Certification – Candidate
- Whole Food Plant based Diet – Candidate
- Advanced Past Life Regression Diploma – July 2018 – CTAA
- Certified Crystal Healing Practitioner Diploma – July 2018
- Professional Accredited Yoga Teacher Training – July 2018
- Certified Aromatherapy Practitioner Diploma – July 2018
- LEVEL 1 YOGA TEACHER TRAINING GRADUATING CLASSES (TRANQUIL SPACE WASHINGTON, DC)
What’s New for 2016
In my former life, I was a Graphic Designer with over 15 years of corporate and non profit experience in the (DMV) Washington, DC, Virginia, Maryland area. As of Summer 2015, I will be in Georgia while my daughter is completing her high school – college dual enrollment program.
I will be back in the classroom in the Spring-Summer of 2016. In the meantime, you can find me planting organic gardens, reading spoken word, singing, writing poetry, dancing, completing ebooks and poetry books, playing with my dogs, enjoying nature, blogging and sharing my passion of the Fit Natural Organic Loving Lifestyle with community and friends!
What’s up in 2018?
I entered college in 2017, starting with a major in Communications minors in Creative Writing and International Business. Under deeper introspection, I decided to switch my major to Anthropology with concentration in Environmental Sustainability with minors in Creative Writing and Communication. After my first poetry course, I was pleased to be published by Two Cities Review (April (2018) for one of my poems my professor recommended from my collection of poetry. Currently, I’m focused on my college course work, health certifications (listed above) including dance, and the arts (expression)! I also look forward to diving into these studies with a hands on approach gaining feedback and partnerships with members of community and adding travel articles to the NSG blog. Can’t wait to share! xo With Love, Abundance and Freedom,
Peace, love, empowerment!
xoxoxo ♥♥♥♥~ DaRia aka Ria Sweetraw