Our Global Family | Community Events
Organization: Mom’s Clean Air Force
When: Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Where: Upper Senate Park, 200 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
Registration: 9:30-10:00 AM
“Play-in” for Climate Action: 9:30-11:00 AM: See activities below.
Press conference at Senate Offices. 11:00-11:30 AM
What will we do at the Play-In?
- The littlest ones (0-3) will enjoy story, song and games with childcare innovator Natalie Cronin.
- Capoeira instructor Troy Thomas will teach adults and kids of all ages.
- Then there’s yoga, hula hooping and parachute play, crafts and bannermaking.
- Three musical acts include 4SW, a teenage group from Maryland that sings about climate change. Songstress Ms. Cacie, a DC coffeehouse regular, will sing melodic originals and folksy hits. Plus: drumming and singing with Baba Ras D and “Harambee” (Swahili for “all pull together”).
- Local hip hop artist Osa Obaseki will recite an original spoken word poem.
- Delicious, free snacks will be on hand such as organic fruit, “Chia Squeeze” pouches, granola bars and much more!
Moms Clean Air Force is a community of moms and dads united against air pollution – including the urgent crisis of our changing climate – to protect our children’s health.
We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools and on-the-ground events.
|Tomorrow is the big day!I hope you will join us for our Play-In for Climate Action in Washington, DC. All of us at Moms Clean Air Force are incredibly excited to gather with over 400 registrants (and counting) plus eleven organizational partners on the grassy lawn at our nation’s Capitol. Join us to send a powerful message for climate action.Maryland Supermom and writer for Baltimore Fishbowl, Laurel Peltier, will be attending the Play-In with her children. Check out this post she wrote for us highlighting all of the reasons why people are showing up on Tuesday morning. As Laurel states, “It’s the perfect time to show our lawmakers in person the beautiful children that are at stake as they dither about climate change.”
Register now! (Or just show up. Walk-ins are welcome too.) We’d love to see you there. We welcome aunties, uncles, moms, dads, non-parents – anyone who cares about kids’ future and kids’ health – to join us, with or without kids in tow.
The Play-In starts at 9:30 am with music, puppets, games, crafts, and more. We’ll have a press conference at 11:00 am, then a short march. Questions? See this blog post by NoVA blogger Jessica Haney for all the answers.
Can’t make it? For live coverage follow @CleanAirMoms and #PlayIn4Climate.
|momscleanairforce.org | About Us|